Your School Games
The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their PE provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress.
School Games Mission:
Putting physical activity and competitive sport at the heart of schools and providing more young people with the opportunity to enjoy competing and achieve their personal best.
School Games Vision:
The School Games will continue to make a clear and meaningful difference to the lives of even more children and young people.
School games – Principles of competition
- The young person’s motivation, competence and confidence are at the centre of the competition
- The focus is on the process rather than the outcome (on the learning and values development of the young person rather than the results)
- Volunteers, leaders and officials are appropriately trained and display behaviours reflective of the nature of the competition
- The environment is safe and creates opportunities to learn and maximise social development
- The facility and the environment that is created for the competition reflects the motivations, competence and confidence of the young people and format of the competition.
School Games Values:
The Spirit of the games values of determination, honesty, passion, respect, self-belief and teamwork were developed by young people to identify what the experience of school sport should be built around, and they focus on personal excellence through competition.
With others and with yourself. Have the courage to do the right thing. Be truthful and promote fairness in every situation.
Treat everyone equally, support each other and work together to have fun and achieve. Celebrate each other’s’ success. Be a good friend and a positive team player in school, sport and life.
Treating others politely and with understanding. Accepting life’s ‘ups and downs’ with grace. Respect every day, in everything you do and for everyone around you.
You’ve got to believe to achieve. Have the self-belief and confidence to succeed and reach your personal best.
Giving it 100%, putting your heart and soul into whatever you are doing and never giving up. Care about what you do and the people around you and approach each opportunity with enthusiasm and positivity.
Keep going no matter what. Determination is about the journey you go on to push yourself and achieve your dreams. Have the mental strength and the self-discipline to overcome obstacles, commit to your goals and keep working every day to become the very best you can be. Don’t hold back!
We are making sustainable choices within the partnership to enable us to be more Eco Friendly and to look after the environment we live in.
Your School Games link to Southend West page:
This is a direct link to Southend West SSP Your School Games page where you can find lots of ideas to keep active and to lead a healthy active lifestyle.